Enjoy Instant Accelerated Reading with Rapid Reader
It is aimed at students either in University or Grad school level. Students may consider it in order to save time by accessing the information that is actually required.
RapidReader – Overview
Rapid Reader has several helpful features that allow you to make the most of your text or documents while at the same time making the process clear and easy. One that stand out is the Human Cadence Technology, which is a patented technology that allows the text to be read in a natural way accurately mimicking human speech.
Other features include:
- User Notes – Ability to add your own comments
- User Note Markers – Shows where you have placed your notes
- Dog Ears – Identify areas of future interest. Move from one important area to another
- Dog Ears Markers – Shows you where you have placed an area of interest
- Highlighter Mode – Highlight text; Any highlighted text will be saved in its own file
- Markup Viewer Dialog Menus – Quickly view dog ears, highlights, user notes
- Paragraph View – Viewing the text or document in its original form
- Turbo View – Skim any document to pick out the most important information
Rapid Reader is available in two different versions: Standard and Pro. While both editions are excellent tools, there are a few differences in the two that can be useful depending on what type of user you are. Let’s have a closer look at the features of each.
The Standard Edition has several great features that can assist you in reading the text in an efficient way. Choosing the Standard Edition is great for beginners and those who do not need the features of Rapid Reader Pro.
RR Standard will provide direct integration to the Microsoft Toolbar as well as the Internet Explorer toolbar. This allows for easy access on your desktop or laptop.
All users will notice the unique customization of this speed reading software as it allows for you to set the pace you need as well as use the Paragraphview and Turbo modes at your advantage.
Human Cadence Technology
With this patented and unique technology you are able to set the pace and speed of your text to be read in natural human cadence. This is great for understanding and retaining the information you need.
Anyone with access to a laptop or PC can download the Standard Version for free. Doing so allows you to use the basics of the software without having to pay out of pocket. Yet another reason why the Standard version is great for students.
RR Standard comes with this complete list of features:
- Drag and Drop to open the files
- Big TYPE options
- Adding notes, highlights, and dog ears
- Ability to save notes and highlights
- Support available
Rapid Reader Pro contains all of the features of the Standard version, plus a few extra that can benefit the student and/or professional. The major difference between the two versions of this program is that RR Pro contains additional file analysis software that allows for easier and faster text analysis.
This feature is perfect for those studying languages or needing to translate legal documents is other languages. Translation Engine is easy to use and quite accurate.
The direct integration of Rapid Reader Pro includes a direct integration for the Outlook toolbar and PDF attachments in Outlook.
Drag and Drop
Users of the Pro version are able to directly drag and drop their PDF files into tool.
Furthermore the Pro also includes:
- All Standard edition features
- Integration into Outlook email
- Sharing attachments using emails and Dropbox
- Three views: Turbo, Paragraph view, and Pause Modes
Pros and Cons
When we take a closer look at Rapid Reader, we can see that there are pros and cons that can make the difference when you decide you want to use this software.
- The Standard Edition is available for free download which is great for students or those on a budget.
- The features offered in the Standard edition are still accessible in the Pro edition.
- Complete customization for your accelerated reading needs with the ability to read anywhere from 150-950 words per minute.
- Ergonomic, efficient, and practical.
You cannot install both Rapid Reader Standard and Pro on the same machine. You can however install one version but you will need to uninstall it before being able to switch to the other version on the same machine.
- Rapid Reader cannot open proprietary or digitally protected files.
- Standard does not include support for PDF or Outlook email.
- Not a real con, but Pro will set you back $49.95.
- Must have Outlook for using RR Pro.
RapidReader Review – The Verdict
In the end, Rapid Reader is a decent tool for assisted and accelerated reading. Anyone who uses this software will notice they will have more time to do other things. Not to mention the way the software works, you will retain the information more easily than you would have by reading the text in the traditional sense.
However, the market is very competitive and the last 2-3 years have changed the way we access software. Most tools or classes are now available via the cloud or offer mobile learning. RR still has to go that road, while alternative solutions such as Spreeder Pro, or AceReader or Rev it Up Reading have already made that transition.
Rapid Reader is recommended for students and professionals who need to access the important parts of the text in an efficient way as it saves you time when it really counts.
Have you got experience with this program? Please share your review in the comments below.