Discover the benefits of a faster reading performance
“Why should I learn to speed read? This is just nonsense?” is only one of a few common responses I occasionally receive from people when I talk about reading improvement. That’s totally fine for me. My answer usually is: for higher speed and better comprehension!
I assume most people know the great experience of speeding through an exciting novel and instantly grasp the ongoing story line and events happening in it. The ideal performance of fast reading is quite similar: the proven techniques aim to systematically improve your comprehension while pushing the pedal to the metal. A list of 20 popular benefits.
As with many other things in life: Speed reading will open up a few doors to other interesting skills such as remembering things better, making better choices for your reading or visualizing written words more precisely.
Benefits of speed reading
- Increases average reading speeds.
- Allows absorbing information much faster.
- Increases overall comprehension.
- Increases knowledge in many fields of interests.
- Allows recalling information more effectively.
- Promotes visualization while reading.
- Delivers reading strategies to handle today’s information overload.
- Encourages unlearning some bad reading habits from school.
- Organizes the reading process more effectively.
- Promotes concentration and discipline.
- Decide faster what is worth to read and what’s not.
- Allows reading more material in the same time.
- Allows reading material in less time.
- Open ups new job opportunities and can be a boost for any career.
- Improves time management.
- Techniques are suitable for reading blogs or RSS feeds.
- Promotes a more efficient writing style.
- Encourages to learn memory techniques; all applicable in daily life.
- Beat any of your friends in remembering things in order.
- Actively create your own future by learning new skills.