Improve your vocabulary with little effort and time
Ultimate Vocabulary, now Vocab1, aims to make the learning of words a more enjoyable, faster and, perhaps most importantly, easier process. Designed for users of all ages, especially young adults and professionals, it appears to be an effective tool in expanding your word palette available on the market.
We see it everywhere in the modern world; how an expanded vocabulary will open up multiple new avenues of opportunity in regards to employment, communication, relationships and personal satisfaction.
People are often impressed when being faced with words over 10 characters long. Your writing immediately appears more assertive and convincing. But the truth is that many of us simply do not have the time on their hands to actually expand their vocabulary on a regular basis.
This is something that Ultimate Vocabulary (Visit Website) wants to address, and, from the back of the box alone its modus operandi is impressive. Read this review to see if it suits you or read our Vocab1 Review, the upcoming successor of Ultimate Vocabulary.
1. Ultimate Vocabulary – Highlights
Usability and user friendliness appears to be right at the top of Ultimate Vocabulary’s list of concerns and a quick perusing of the product highlights several key features that have all been incorporated to facilitate a users learning. These features include:
- Database: A powerful word database (140,000) that allows users to see the words they are learning incorporated in everyday conversation and publication, alongside more traditional encyclopaedia entries and useful background information.
- Tools: Varied teaching tools that help the user remember the words they learn in a variety of ways, from flash card games to sentence completion and audio enhancement. This is not the end of the list however, with another dozens of methods being applied.
- Monitoring: Easy to follow progress tracking that actively allows the user to see just how well they are learning and facilitating the words provided to them by the software. Visually demonstrating progress is a great way of allowing the user to feel accomplished in their continual use of their expanded vocabulary.
- Support: Full help and support is always a comforting thing to have when installing new software and this is a feature readily available as soon as it is purchased. This edition is now cloud based allowing to sync between all used devices. It also runs on all major operating systems and browsers making the process of learning even smoother.
Bottom line: With all this being said however, upon closer inspection Ultimate Vocabulary as an actual product does not seem too different from the wide variety of programs already available.
Sure, whilst it may boast a powerful word database and numerous ways for the learner to enhance their word utilization and selection, shouldn’t every released piece of software in this field strive for this level of greatness? In an ideal world, the answer is of course yes.
But as time has frequently shown, the reality can be far from the ideal and Ultimate Vocabulary is seemingly here to lay down the standards every vocabulary software should try to achieve.
2. Powerful word database? What’s this?
The term ‘powerful’ at the beginning of database may well grab the attention of anyone browsing over the products features, but what does it actually mean (Visit Website)?
Ultimate Vocabulary applies multiple learning methods and techniques for every single one of the 140,000+ words programmed into its framework. This ensures that users learn how to actually utilize said word in an appropriate context.
Each word offers up to 50 examples to be used in conversations, reports, exams or writing. A great feature is the audio enhancement tool which allows you to hear the word and how it should be pronounced. This all helps leave a lasting impression on the user which only expands their conversation in the long run.
There is also a manual word addition tool that allows anybody with access to enter new words and linked examples into the database at anytime, further expanding the usability of the product in an everyday environment.
3. Easy learning and varied teaching tools
Ultimate Vocabulary works upon the principle that a wide variety of learning techniques, from those mentioned above to simple mix and match games and word association, to quizzes and sentence completion will facilitate learning as it is a fun and interactive way of instilling these new words into your vocabulary.
For those of you which do however prefer more traditional teaching tools, then more standard dictionary-esque definitions and simple repetition tools are also available, once again demonstrating the breadth of activities you can partake in with this software.
Furthermore, if you also develop a particular fondness for a learning mode, Ultimate Vocabulary will also pick up on this and encourage you to undertake more activities based around that style of game which is a nice additional touch.
4. Progress tracking and monitoring features
If you do not have a tool or partner with you every step of the way to commend you on just how far you have come and remind you of your achievements so far, no matter how small they may be in scope, then learning is a deflating process.
However, by incorporating easy-to-view visuals such as charts and tables into the mix as well as an achievement counter, this course lets you see for yourself at anytime the progress you are making and will often commend you on your results.
It is small touches like this that make the tool easy to use, user friendly in scope and rewarding in the long run and is a step that more developers for learning software should take. Your progress, words you learn and all the learning features available are also easily stored to the cloud in one fell swoop, allowing for you to take your product on the road with you whenever you like.
5. Sharing options, help and support
If you plan to learn together there are several group learning facilities. You can earn success points and share them with friends and family. In the profile section you have the option to set your learning preferences, but also create short cuts to often used tools and activities. This is a quite motivating approach.
The Ultimate Vocabulary Software also does benefit from having numerous, easy to follow tutorials available both within the program as well as on the products website once it has been registered.
Installing new software for the technophobe can be a daunting process, but they really are there to help you through every step of the way. Even if you do manage to become stuck in a rut, there is a dedicated helpline over the phone that will aim to fix your problem in as few steps as possible.
6. All features at a glance
|Cloud based vocabulary training tutor with step-by-step video guides, games and leveled exercises. All ages. All platforms.|
- 142,647 word database
- Step-step guidance with video tutorials
- Personalized, individual training settings
- Social sharing of lists, results, material.
- Social profile and group learning features
- Each word comes with 50 examples, pictures, encyclopedias, visual information/li>
- Vocab quizzes, motivating, fun games and flash cards
- 193 word lists. Create own lists.
- Tracking and monitoring. Customized learning.
- Printable worksheets, cards, lists and material.
- Edit and add new words
- 20,000 audio pronunciations
- Dictionary and thesaurus
- Practice vocabulary for GRE, SAT, GMAT, And IQ Tests.
- Cloud based. Sync between devices. All platforms supported.
- 5 user accounts. Unlimited system installs
7. Ultimate Vocabulary – Pros and Cons
- Words: The main benefit of Ultimate Vocabulary, especially when compared to other software is the sheer scale of words it can make you understand and utilize on a day to day basis. It is also packed with entertaining exercises and activities to learn new words easily.
- Games: Its database alone is nearly twice as large as its nearest competitor, e.g. WordSmart, in terms of actual content displayed, and the games it utilizes and learning tools all have their unique slant, allowing for users to really start their process of learning with ease.
- Tracking: The continual saving and tracking of progress is also something that really should not be taken lightly, as it is an excellent motivation tool seeing your skills and vocabulary develop as time goes on.
- Cloud: Because its cloud software, you can use it form any platform be it a Mac OSX, Windows, Chrome or Linux system.
- Menu: As previously stated, usability and function is central to Ultimate Vocabulary’s main mission but at times, the menu system and its directing to various mini-games and learning tools might be clunky.
- Navigation: Some users might find the many features a bit overwhelming and confusing at the very beginning. However, once understood it will be easy to navigate through the menu and courses.
8. Ultimate Vocabulary Review – The Verdict
The excellence of Ultimate Vocabulary (Visit Website) really should not be understated. It is very comprehensive program teaching techniques based on scientific research.
It offers unique and diverse learning styles that really do cater to a wide audience and, even though it is felt its primary audience is for young working professionals, with a small amount of guidance anyone should be able to use it.
Useful games, a good integrating of actual, academic learning techniques alongside more forward thinking, fun activities and continual progress checking is all part of an excellent product and if you are looking to expand your vocabulary to give you that additional edge over the rest of the field, you really would be advised to pick this product up.
Do you use any GRE vocabulary software tutors? What are your experiences in boosting your career or improving writing and reading skills?
Thanks for reading. Feel free to share this review or drop a comment in the box below.